These are selections from a new series of print-based artworks called False Memories.
With this series I attempt to challenge our historical traditions of categorizing, anthologizing, and archiving by presenting the viewer with conflicted logic. My concern is also one of examining design aesthetics and content forms as purveyors of certain modes of (trusted and/or accepted) information.
Talking to My Brother
- Hank: Did you know the earth's core would be solid if it weren't for the heat generated by radioactive decay of nuclear isotopes?
- Me: That's kind of beautiful.
- Hank: hahaha
- Me: No, but the idea that decay is what makes life possible is deeply resonant.
- Hank: Well, it isn't decay in the traditional sense.
- Me: Shut up. I'm having a moment.